Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter 2013- Our Little Miracle

This Easter by far will be the most special one for our family.  Earlier that week, on Monday, Shannon made her final decision that we were the family she chose for Jake. 
 
 
Our kids were dying to meet him.  On Saturday, we went to his grandparent's home and introduced ourselves.  I think Logan made a pretty good first impression, don't you?
 

Although the highlight of the holiday was being with Jake, we managed to squeeze in the traditional baskets and egg hunt.  But now, let's get back to baby Jake...
 


On Easter Sunday he visited our home for the first time.
 

 
We got to visit and fuss over him before leaving for church.
 
 
 
 Tyler read the kids the book we bought for his Easter basket
 
 
I had met Jake a few times before, but had never held him in my arms, so it felt wonderful to finally pick him up and feel him close.
 
He's our Easter miracle indeed.

2 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...

There are tears running down my cheeks! I'm so excited for you and your beautiful family, Robyn! I love baby Jake! Congratulations, beautiful. He couldn't have a better family.

Kelly said...

I'm so excited for your new little addition! Jake is absolutely adorable. I completely agree with Chrissy, He couldn't have found a better family.