
Wow what a day! Tyler called me yesterday morning at lunch time asking me to go get him some pepto because he had a horrible stomach ache. He came home that evening doubled-over in pain. The pepto didn't help, and the pain got worse. It started moving to the right side of his abdomen. (do you know the diagnosis yet?)- We called our great friend and neighbor Sandy to come over and stay with the kids so I could take Tyler to the ER. We left about 6:30. We finally got in about 8:00. Long story short, he was diagnosed with appendicitis. Bishop Hancock and another brother from our ward came and gave him a priesthood blessing. We were both very comforted by this and felt the assurance that things would be okay. I had been feeling really anxious and worried as well that we are so far from family support, but after their visit I felt so peaceful and knew that we would have the support of our ward family. And indeed we did. Our great friend and Bishop stayed with us through the surgery and helped us get Tyler home safely. I am so thankful for all those that have reached out to us and made our burdens lighter - from prayers to phone calls, meals and help with childcare.
Tyler was sent home about 1 am this morning to recover at home, and I have taken over the nursing responsibilities. He had a pretty rough night. Very uncomfortable and in pain. He slept some today but has still been uncomfortable. We were able to get a higher dosage and are hoping for a better nights rest. He is looking forward to being pain free and getting back to normal life. Thanks to modern medicine and pain killers, that should be soon.
5 comments:
Robyn,
I just discovered your blog, and couldn't believe your post! I'm so glad that everything is okay now, but what an ordeal! I'm sure you dealt with it really well. I'm a big worry wort, so I can just imagine how scary that must have been for you!
Well, on a lighter note, I'm glad I found your blog. I'm excited to read up!
Karin :)
Robyn -
Wow, does that bring back memories! I can't believe they let him come home that soon. I think the first night for Jeff was the worst - so hopefully things will be better quickly. Wish him well for us! I can't believe you had a camera at the hospital to capture the moment - and he was smiling?!
I am glad that everything went well and that he is at home now, in your capable hands!!! I hope he gets lots of rest and that the pain meds kick in soon. He looks a little too chipper to be going into surgery in that picture!!!
Ruby! You better believe I will be calling you tomorrow.
I'm sorry that happened but I'm grateful you have a good Bishop.
Love,
Michelle
What a beast! Ben had that happen just before he left to the MTC. He said it was the worst pain he has ever felt. I read the blog aloud to him and as soon as I said pepto, he said...it's appendicitis. Hopefully by now Tyler is pain free, or medicated enough to feel that way!
Post a Comment