The warmer climates of Texas was a much needed break from the harsh brisk winds and frozen tundra of Iowa. We spent Christmas with the in-laws in Texas. We were welcomed back with a very warm 65 degrees. I got a chuckle from my niece (Taccoa) that night when she said that it was freezing cold outside. To put into context the difference between the winters in Iowa and Texas you only need to watch the weather. In Texas when the temperature falls to 32 degrees it's called an Arctic Blast. In Iowa when the temperature rises to 32 degrees it's called a heat wave.
Robyn will provide an update shortly on the specific activities and the touchy feely warm fuzzy feelings that attended these events. It is sufficient for me to say that fun was had by all.
What I enjoy the most about these family events is spending time with my nieces and nephew. Being the tickle monster, playing make pretend, wrestling, and playing with play doh were just a few of the things we did together. Here are some pictures of the fun times we had.
3 comments:
Oh isn't it hard leaving Texas? It was 5 degrees yesterday when we got back to Des Moines...shoot me. Well, figuratively speaking of course.
And can I just say how much I laughed on the warm fuzzy feeling stuff??
Glad y'all had tons of fun!! Can't wait to hear more about it!
It's been way to long since I commented on your blog! Looks like you had a great time. I'll admit that I'm very jealous that you got to enjoy warm weather for Christmas. It's way too cold here! I hope I see you again sometime soon. It was fun to see you at choir, even though we didn't get to talk much :)
You are lucky you were able to get to the warm weather. ;) We got stuck in all this snow.
Glad you had fun! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment