
And I go crazy! I cannot hear a catchy rhythm and not move. It's pretty much impossible. I go to the store and hear it and I'm movin'. I go to watch other people perform, and I'll notice my shoulders are totally groovin'. It was torture to watch Riverdance. As much as I LOVED it, I had to keep reminding myself to stay in my seat.
Many of you know that I have been doing the Farrell's Body Sculpting program. 3 days a week we do cardio and work out to such fun dancing music. I have to concentrate SO hard not to break out into my own dance. I think the hardest day for me yet was when they put on the MC Hammer party mix. I'm not kidding you, I had to stare at myself in the mirror and consciously keep myself from breaking out in the hammer shuffle. I got out of step a few times and had to keep going over the routine in my head, "jab,cross, hook, upper" so I wouldn't lose my mind!
So as I'm getting to the end of my 10 week program, I thought I'd take a poll and see if I should let it all out my last day and make a complete idiot of myself, or if I should be strong and master control over my body?
You know life is pretty good when deciding to make a fool of yourself is one of your big dilemnas!
Changing subjects now, here's a few random fun things going on:
The sun is shining and we love Iowa again.
It's baseball season, and Logan has learned a new trick- just in time for that Big League Chew!
I had a wild hair one day and thought. "Wouldn't it be nice if once a week I post a healthy recipe that I'm trying out. I'll put a picture of my family at dinnertime, and I'll even have them rate the meal. "
My friends, for your own happiness and self esteem do not ask your family to rate your dinners on a scale of 1-10. Especially when you have blunt children. They don't just give you a number and move on. Not only will they ask if there is a negative number on the scale for them to choose, they use words like, "ew and poop" . What was I thinking? So here is my one and only post, picture and rated meal. I actually love to eat this. Alone. :
Healthy Bean Tostada
whole wheat pita bread
low fat refried beans
green onion (optional)
lettuce, tomato, cheese for toppings.
Cut the pita bread so that you have 2 thin discs. (so don't cut them in half to make pockets. cut them to make 2 circles). - Brush with olive oil and broil until lightly browned, or to your desired crispiness.
Chop up the a few tablespoons of green onion and mix it with the refried beans. Warm up in microwave or stove.
Spread beans on the pita bread, and top with any vegetables you want. Top with a small amt. of low fat sour cream and salsa.
Mother's Day 2008. It was a wonderful day!
12 comments:
Robyn, you've totally gotta bust a move...watch how many people were waiting for someone to break it out! =).
P.S. that tostada looks so good!
If it will make you happy, I say DO IT! It won't hurt anything and it could just make someone's day.
Mmmm, I love tostadas.
My theme song would be, "Don't feel like dancing" by the Scissor Sisters. I'm an awful dancer.
DANCE DANCE DANCE! I say this life is short enjoy it. Girl get your groove on!
Please, just for me, do it!!!
That last pic of you with the kids made me miss you a lot!
Oh, and if I don't mention that we're so proud Logan's team is the Yankees, Mat will keep commenting on it. I pointed it out to him and he's proud to be your friend.
(Not that he wasn't before, but you know there was that 'remote lost under the couch' incident)
Anyway, I can't believe Harrison is just a little man now! Mowing the lawn!!
~M
If you are your mom's daughter you know what you have to do. She already set the example at that ward activity in Texas, making a fool out of herself .
It is your turn now!! :)
I guarantee you that if nothing else,you will have a fun memory to go back to when you get older and can't dance at all.
Go for it, boneca, make me proud and join the "bust the move club".
Love you, Mom
I used to do that a lot until people kept telling me that I was embarresing them. I embarresed a lot of people with things I thought were fun so that is why I'm such a dud, not fun, not spastic person like I use to be.
Had I met you before 2004 we would have rocked the world!
Now I'm a looser who people get bored with. Sorry you had to experience the other side of me!
I can't believe you are doing the body shaping thing after I asked everyone and anyone if they would do it with me. I still have the fat on so that means I never did it. I can't do things BY MYSELF ya know? That's what got me fat in the first place.
I'm proud of you!
Robyn you have to dance! I'll have to tell you about my busting a grove on the steps in the Tanner Building at BYU... and then busting my knee when I biffed it at the top... in front of like 80 people. Now I mostly stick to Kitchen Dance Parties...
Bust a move, girl! You'll be the envy of everyone else in the class.
Robyn, you have to do it! And PLEASE, OH PLEASE get it on tape somehow. Whether or not you get it on tape though, I'm already laughing in anticipation of you acting out what you did as you tell us the story! I CAN'T WAIT to see you!
Well, I have to admit there's a teeny bit of dread. I'm not looking forward to standing next to your toned, fine self when I'm the size of a storage shed. I might feel a little better if we don't stand right next to each other in pictures. Hey, maybe the photographer can give me one of those tiny cute 'baby bumps'!
:)
Really, I love, love, love you, and I'm hoping to be a lot like you when I grow up.
(You look beautiful in your Mother's Day picture, by the way.)
What! No video of you dancing? Maybe next time?
You get my "funniest blog friend" award...so congratulations. It's an award I made up just for you because you deserve it for giving me smiles and laughs. :)
Dance!!! I hope I am in that class with you! maybe we can both make fools of ourselves! I will have to try those tostitos. Sounds good! We do pizza bagels. The kids love them. Whole wheat bagel, a little spaghetti sauce, cheese and any other topping, bake and eat! yum!
Yes do it! I need you around a little more to get me out of my comfort zone - you were sooooo good for me in high school!
Post a Comment