Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mariah is 4!










My sweet girl is growing up! I have such love and tender feelings for this amazing girl of mine. I'm so honored to be her mother and friend.




Mariah was my easiest delivery and recovery. It was one of the happiest days of my life. It was also very special because my grandparents from Brazil were even at the hospital anxiously waiting along with the rest of my family and my great friend Shannon.


I've always had a little hole in my heart because I longed for a sister so badly. When she came, that hole was filled and then some! The minute I had in her my arms I knew we were kindred spirits. I felt like we immediately had an understanding of one another.


Mariah is the free spirit of our family. She loves easily and has a great tempermant. Most days you will find her floating around the house singing in her airy, high voice. I've mentioned before how her eyes dance with excitement about the littlest things and how sheShe is so nurturing and takes such good care of all of her babies. I am amazed at how she keeps track of them, especially since they are all naked and are all named Kelly. Every once in a while I'll see her bouncing a baby on her hip and supporting the neck while she lays them down, and I can just see her years from now being an incredible mother. As much as I don't want time to go so fast, I can't wait to see her grow and develop.



She has been a great sister for Logan. They are so different, and I worried a lot about them being too far apart in age, but so far I couldn't be more pleased with how well they play and get along together. Logan helps her stay in line, and Mariah helps him loosen up a bit. She is also a great big sister and help for Harrison. She's always kissing and loving on him, and even tried to nurse him once right after he was born. I walked in the room, and she was holding him with her shirt up and saying, "bite me, BITE me!!".


Here's how we've celebrated so far today. She did have a party last Friday that I'll be posting about next.



She woke up to lots of happy birthday wishes and snuggles.



We headed to the mall and her friend Grace met us to play and celebrate.



We grabbed some happy meals and had lunch with Logan. And since it was such a special day, we even stayed for recess. It was so sweet because Logan ran to start playing and noticed Mariah sitting shyly on the park bench. I think she was a little overwhelmed by all the noise and kids running around. He came over and invited her to play with him and took care of her the rest of the time. It was so sweet!



Mariah was even more lucky this year to have Uncle Erik here to celebrate with as well. He is so good with kids and they just love him!


Happy Birthday Mariah Suely!! We love you to pieces!




7 comments:

Ted and Hilery said...

I love all the baby photos. Mariah was such an adorable baby! It makes me wish I had known her when she was small.

Elle said...

Happy Birthday Mariah! She is so adorable I want to hug her too!!
~M

Ashley said...

Oh how I love birthdays! Happy Birthday to Mariah!! We're thinking about her!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mariah, we hope that you have a great birthday. You are such a sweet girl. We miss you so much. With much love
Kari, Kevin and all your cousins

Heitmann Family said...

Happy Birthday Mariah!! Time flies, the baby pictures are so adorable!!

Laura Bernard said...

How precious! What a beautiful baby she was! We're so glad to be her friend!

Matt and Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Mariah! She is such a cutie! I love watching her at church.