
The biggest treat of Halloween was having Grandma Mons for a visit.

I arranged with mother nature to provide us a perfect fall weekend, and she pulled through for us. Beggars night was a perfect night to be out on Scenic Vista for some trick or treating. I even met a new neighbor and have a playdate scheduled for Friday. Nice weather makes me friendly like that.


This was our lion before he had consumed any "cammy". He was a tornado zipping back and forth with excitement.

This cowboy came by and stole my heart. I begged him to wisk me away into the sunset, but he's still weaning, you see. I took more pics of him than my own kids. (Amy, I'll email them to you.)

Tyler started his new gig as coach. Grandma was there for the first game, and I think she had a blast watching her son trying to keep these kids in line. In fact I know she did. I think she was laughing the entire time.

Even though our little guy is a star, we played a team that has been together for 2 years.

We got spanked people. Coach lost his voice. But at least Grandma had fun.

On Saturday we headed to a quaint little country town called Winterset. We went to see the Bridges of Madison County. Grandma said, "there is something romantic about these bridges."

We agreed. He wouldn't stop pinching my bum.

Close to the bridges is this castle/fort looking thing.

We stopped there and had a picnic and explored. Kids raced and played.

Something about being outside on a beautiful day with my favorite people makes me so happy. We forgot about our every day cares and took it all in.

Bonds were Strengthened.

I don't think he cried once.

See this little ditch? Logan and Mariah walked cautiously up to it before deciding to jump over it. Harrison sees them from a far. He starts running down the hill, and doesn't stop to see how wide the ditch was to determine what he should do. No, he ran with all of his heart, and leaped as far as his little legs would take him.

They took him right into the ditch. Some of us thought it was pretty funny. You really had to be there.

On our way home we stopped for ice cream at this outside corner shop.

Harrison bit through his in about 30 seconds.
And she took about 30 minutes.
We had a wonderful time. We are truly blessed. It really is in the little things that you find the most joy.
And I like to feel joy!

9 comments:
I'm so happy you guys had a great time. Mom has always taken forever to eat her icecream.
I love you! I miss you! Stella wants to see Mariah!
I let them have free reign on their candy, that way it disappears pretty fast.
I MISS YOU!
i love winterset. that's one of my favorite places in iowa. i love the big park and the castle best!
Man, I'm missing those fall leaves. It looks so nice there. Ruby your always nice no matter the weather. And Tyler must be Todds twin with the whole bum pinching thing!
So here's what I'm thinking.
Graduate from med school. Move back to Iowa. Buy a house on Scenic Vista. Or rent out your basement...either way! ;)
LOVE these pics. SO glad you had fun. And squeeze your kiddos for us! Especially Harrison. I heart him. I hope your kids know just how lucky they are to have such awesome parents like you and Tyler. We miss y'all!
LOL, what a cute post! Looks like a great time.
What a fun post! You are hilarious! And as for Liz saying she misses you, what's that about! Why doesn't she just drive over and see you, or even say hi at church! It's me who is missing you! I've been thinking of you all week! Should call, huh?
Glad your visitor went okay.
BTW, if you haven't tried the granola bars on superhealthykids, they are a HUGE hit at my house! Even without chocolate chips they get inhaled!
Oh man, Ruby I am not hitting on you but you are just so pretty!
And the story about Harrison is hilarious! I love it.
I died laughing pictuing Harrison trying to jump the ditch, hahaha.
Post a Comment