Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a wonderful, simple night. I love simple. Grandma Mons flew in to spend this special time with us.
(my picture taking skills need some major help. sorry about the poor quality!)



Grandma arrived Christmas Eve-afternoon and was beat. She had been up pretty much the whole night before. We let her relax, just not alone.



Tyler and I worked together to make a most delicious dinner.



Honey baked ham, funeral (aka:yummy, cheesey) potatoes, green bean casserole, roles, and Tyler even whipped up some punch.



The company was great and we talked about Christmases past.



When our tummies were full, we headed to the living room to see our favorite Christmas movie, Elf. (I know, we are so cultured.)



Then we opened our pajamas and sang some Christmas carols.



I have to tell ya that it was always a dream of mine to gather around the piano as a family and sing. It finally happened! What made it even more sweeter to me is that it was one of my own kiddos playing the songs. He had been practicing for weeks and weeks.



After making my dreams come true, we baked some cookies for Santa. All 3 kids had to have a part in putting the Santa plate on the fireplace.



Then we built a fire, got comfy and nibbled on some cookies while Grandma read the Polar Express, and Dad read the Christmas story.


Once the little ones were tucked away in bed, wrapped presents and had a great time chatting. Grandma talked a lot about Grandpa and we really enjoyed it.



Soon it was time for bed. There was no doubt we would have some excited, bright eyed kiddos up early for presents!

6 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

That's why you weren't up as late as me. You had two helpers! My only option fell asleep on the couch after promising to vacuum the floor for me.

Love the singing round the piano! We didn't quite get there this year. I'll be hoping for next year I guess.

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

That is so precious. I hope Santa had room left after his big Christmas eve dinner - looks like there were A LOT of cookies on that plate!

Elle said...

okay so that REALLY has been a dream of yours to gather 'round the piano!!! YOU are living your dream baby!!!
I'm so glad it was a wonderful Christmas. You deserve every minute of it.

Elle said...

okay so that REALLY has been a dream of yours to gather 'round the piano!!! YOU are living your dream baby!!!
I'm so glad it was a wonderful Christmas. You deserve every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that mom got to be with you guys. Looks like you picked up the Mons tradition of waiting until Christmas Eve to wrap all the presents.

Chrissy Jo said...

It all sounds so perfect to me. I too have a dream of my little family singing around the piano with one of my kids playing. :-) Merry Christmas, my dear friend.