Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas - 2008

Christmas was o-so-wonderful! I loved being home with my sweet little family.

I woke up before the kids even did, and just lay there thinking about the significance of this day and was so full of gratitude and joy. I lay there peacefully for about a half hour.

Then I heard Harrison wake up. He had no clue that it was the big day. He woke Logan up as usual, and then the excitement began. Tyler and I lay there smiling as we listened to them talk and go wake Mariah up. In seconds, all 3 kids busted in the room wishing us Merry Christmas. Of course we pretended we were still asleep to give them the satisfaction of waking us up.

I told them that I could hear sleigh bells in the night and you should've seen Mariah's eyes dance. Then she smiled so huge and said, "Oh mom, Merry Christmas!" and gave me a hug. Having all 3 kids on the bed so excited will be one of my favorite memories...



(sorry about the blur)

The kids came down and gasped at the sight of the presents under the tree. Harrison ran to the first present he saw and yelled ,"MINE!" Luckily it really was his, so we just let him go for it.



This year I had the kids really think about a gift for one another. I was so pleased with the thought and excitement they put into their gifts. Here is Logan thanking Mariah.

..And here were the big Santa gifts this year.



Logan wasn't expecting this at all and was beside himself. We are all happy about this gift!


Harrison was in heaven with the semi and cars.

And Mariah was thrilled to see the baby doll she's been wanting for so long.


The most thoughtful gift was a very nice letter Logan wrote and wrapped for me. I was so touched.


We enjoyed a scrumptious breakfast of biscuits and gravy with sausage, eggs, and fruit salsa.


Merry Christmas, from our house to yours!

8 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Glad the day was so great! I can't believe you woke up first. You must not have been up as late as I was!

And what a yummy breakfast!

Cara said...

How fun! You will love your Wii, I'm just trying to convince Jeff Wii fit will be worth it! And I played Rock Band this weekend and could totally get hooked on that :) What a fun Christmas!

joana said...

how cute is your little family! the memories you're creating are priceless...no doubt your kids will always remember how you made everything so special.

Anonymous said...

Did mom make the breakfast? Sounds like a Mons family breakfast.. YUMMY and don't you love yummy potatoes from Christmas Eve? :)

Shelly Kenison said...

Looks like a perfect Christmas at home! How nice that Tyler's Mom could join you. Happy Holidays we miss you tons. I love blogs to be able to not only stay in touch, but to see your family growing up.

Jmons said...

Soooo cute. I feel like a fly on the wall with all the neat details. I love Christmas with kids this age, its so magical. I bet Logan loves the Wii, its such a fun family game.

Elle said...

Okay I can't believe I didn't comment yet...? I've gone back and looked through the pics several times.
I love the pics and it looks like it was a fabulous Christmas.
And yes, I called you twice becaue I forgot that you were out of town BOTH times.I am losing it!
Lots of love, M

P.S. Don't be offended I deleted your comment on my blog...you just said my last night and remember that I am so paranoid and don't list names? Wow I'm even convincing myself that I am crazy this post! :)

Elle said...

last NAME not last night.
Although, last night was fun too. Like the night you were so excited to get your blind date and he showed up....and we were feeling bad for you. But you still felt excited and then met Tyler at the dance. Yeah, that was a good last night.