For some reason, I have always felt that this holiday just creeps up on me. I never feel quiet as prepared as I seem to be with other special occassions. This year I wanted to keep things simple and focus our celebrations more on Christ. We didn't do anything extravagant, but I felt it was one of the best we've had so far. Enjoy lots and lots of pics!
Saturday:
Neighborhood Egg Hunt
Those who know me well, have heard me rant and rave about our neighborhood. It is not out of pride. It is in sheer gratitude. This place has been such a blessing to our family. As hard as the move to Iowa was for us, our home and neighbors have been a huge comfort and blessing to us.
Grandma Peggy, as my kids call her, is the beauty behind this fun tradition. She puts on the whole thing for the families on our street. After the hunt is over, she comes around with her wagon with furry friends for everyone.
I'm not sure how long she's been doing this, but she's got it down to a science. It is so well organized. This year, all 3 of our kids had a different starting point.
This is usually one of the first times that we start to see most of our neighbors after a long winter. We all declare how much everyone's grown and catch up on what's new.
The horn blows, and they're off. Parents are known to run as well. I have never knocked a kid over. I cannot speak for Tyler. (kidding)

We lucked out with gorgeous weather that day. So refreshing!




We decided to share our special egg hunt with our guests. Each family had their own section of the yard to collect eggs. We came inside to open them then watched "Reflections of Christ" - a slideshow of Christ's ministry.



Easter Sunday: Church and Family.
After a nice service at church we came home for a special activity.
We had an egg hunt, but this time it was different. Inside each egg was a small token with a corresponding scripture that walked us through the Savior's final week of his mission on earth. It ended with the final egg being empty- representing the empty tomb and the exciting gift of Resurrection.

To Tyler's surprise I had one more little thing. It was hidden for him to find for our family. The most delicious egg I've had the pleasure of devouring.
Dinner
We were blessed to have our home filled with special people. I can't think of many more things that bring me joy than seeing my house filled with family, friends, children, food and laughter. We enjoyed a delicious spread of ham, cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, fresh pineapple, loaded salad, and steamed asparagus (with cheesy sauce, per Tyler's request.)

Sara putting her final touches on the salad. You've got to post this recipe, girl.
We decided to share our special egg hunt with our guests. Each family had their own section of the yard to collect eggs. We came inside to open them then watched "Reflections of Christ" - a slideshow of Christ's ministry.




















10 comments:
Robyn as usual it looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm sorry we missed it.
wow you guys did it all! way to put all the special touches on a wonderful Easter day!
cute fam. Looks like you had an awesome time in your mayberry neighborhood.
You guys always have the happening house, full of fun, good food, and did I mention fun!
Miss you guys.
Looks like a really fun day. I like your after-church egg hunt idea too.
Pretty sure that was my best Easter yet, even with the fast one Pres. Nye pulled on me at stake conference.
I don't know what I'd do without you, Robyn. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am to have a sister out here!
You make everything more fun!
The hostess with the mostess strikes again! Hoppy Easter, Mons fam!
Wow...You always make everything so much fun. Will you write a book of ideas for me? I sure need some.
I am so glad you had good weather to celebrate this wonderful occasion!!
The pictures tell it all!
How wonderful to have good neighbors and friends to share special moments like these.
I miss you all.
For the record for all generations to read Robyn ate the whole chocolate egg. I think she was under the impression that I wasn't interested in eating the egg. As of late I have been exercising some self control, and around our house it's the survival of the fitest. "Eat or be eatin".
I absolutely love the special egg hunt. As I was blogging about our Easter I noticed it was all about the "easter bunny" and as I was about to press post I wish I could have done something different to bring the Resurrection and Christ into our celebration. So that is what we're going to do next year.
Post a Comment