Today's Focus Area:
Mariah's room. We cleaned out her dresser, closet, shelves everything. She was a huge help. I could see that she was getting a lot of satisfaction from getting organized and seeing her work pay off.
I'm all about rewards. I reward myself all the time in little ways. It keeps me going. Like grocery shopping. We deserve a chocolate milk or candy bar for all that hard work, right?
So today after we got done with Mariah's room, we headed for the mall to play, pick out a new summer outfit and get a cold treat.
P.S.
Monday was kitchen day. Every darn nook and cranny was scrubbed.
My reward, you're wondering? A little trip to Ikea this weekend!!
(The kids helped empty the pantry and played a grocery game. Until they started fighting. Then I popped in a movie. Sometimes you just have-ta do it!)
8 comments:
Rewards are the best part of any job well done! Have fun at IKEA - remember, you NEED to get the stuff you see on your trip, because who knows when you'll get back there?!
Spring cleaning is such a great feeling! I love the look on Harrison's face while eating his ice cream! Keep up the good work with the cleaning...wanna come spring clean my place? I agree with Amy...enjoy IKEA and buy, buy, buy!
When I grow up I want to be like you! I love you. I wish I could spend more time around you.
I hate doing the deep cleaning, but its sooo satisfying when its all done. Good Job!
I recognize Harrisons Hawaiian shirt, I can't believe my little boys wore that.
Awesome! You are so good to include your kids....I'm quickly realizing that their "want" to help is disappearing way too fast and if I don't harness at least a little of that now our house is going to be a disaster during their teen years. It's a work in progress....I'll get there.
You are a smart mom to get them to help. Cute skirt for Mariah! I love it!
Oh Fun! especially the rewards part! Want to come spring clean my house?! I have cleaned out just about every cupboard and closet in my house, but still need to go through toys and the pantry and DEEP clean.....
Hopefully it happens before this next little one comes!
Have fun at Ikea!!!
I'm taking your advice and rewarding myself for all of my hard work reading blogs right now. So satisfying!
Post a Comment