Friday, June 11, 2010

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY!!!


Wow time flies by when we're having fun. Robyn turns 32 years young today. Please take the time to wish her a very happy birthday and many, MANY more to come!!! What about Robyn do you like? Or a story about her that makes you smile? Please share.



Great qualities I love about Robyn is her love and concern for others. Robyn once read a quote hanging in someones house which read, "your name is safe in our home". Robyn protects peoples names by choosing the high road and see's the good in life and her relationships with others. Robyn is selfless. Regardless of how busy she is you will find her arranging her schedule to accommodate others and helping and serving others. She's an amazing thoughtful Mother, who takes the time to be with the kids and plans activities that are engaging and fun the kids and their friends. She's an amazing wife who is thoughtful, and nurturing, and takes the time to stop what she's doing, seeks me out to let me know she's thinking of me and that she loves me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs. Mons.





13 comments:

sarita said...

I could seriously write a book about all the reasons why I love this lady! Robyn is one of my dearest friends--even more than that--she is my sister. She is all the things that you mentioned, Tyler. One of the best ways that I can describe Robyn is that I am a better person for knowing her. She is laugh-out-loud funny---I've seriously come close to wetting my pants because I laugh so hard when I'm with her (speaking of which, please explain photo #2!.

One of my favorite memories of Robyn happened when she was over at my apartment for a play date. Harrison and Isaac suddenly disappeared into the bathroom. We went in to check on them and they were both leaning over the toilet, lamenting the fact that Isaac's favorite matchbox car had landed itself at the bottom of the bowl. Without even blinking or asking for a rubber glove, Robyn reached inside the toilet and saved The King from drowning. She saved MY SON'S car from MY dirty toilet!! If that's not true friendship, I don't know what is, people.

I love you and miss you, my dear friend!! Happy 32nd!!!

Anonymous said...

Robyn!
Robyn lived across the street from me in Texas. She moved in when she was pregnant with Mariah. It was "friends at first sight" :)
Robyn is a great friend and even though we didn't live across the street from eachother for very long, I consider her a good friend and love to keep in touch with her on Facebook and this Blog.
Happy 32nd birthday Robyn! I know your year will be filled with fabulous fun-ness because you bring the fun wherever you are. Here's to a great year!
Dana Hamilton in Texas
www.thehamiltonsdfw.blogspot.com

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Happy Birthday Robyn! Like Tyler and others have said...Robyn is one of the kindest, selfless, beautiful woman I know. I agree with Sara, I feel like I am a better person just from knowing Robyn! I wish I had an ounce of her creative family fun juices. One day I hope to live closer to her again so I can come to one of her "Spring Break Hotel" vacations.

One of my earliest memories (which did involve a near wetting of the pants moment) was when she was telling a story about being at the beach with her family. I can't really remember the story...but I can still remember Robyn reenacting it and waving her arms around. I am smiling just typing this!

Happy Birthday Robyn!!! (please come to Texas soon)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday girl - I am in line with the Robyn fan club - you're one of my most favorite people Robyn - you can make me laugh harder than anyone I know: I truly am so entertained when I'm around you. You make even the mundane things seem fun and I thank Heavenly Father for placing you in our path!! You are the greatest example to me of a wife & mother & friend and I heart you.

Happy Birthday girl!!! Love ya.

joana said...

oh my gosh i love this girl! happy birthday robyn! like everyone else said, you're such a good example of an amazing mother and you make me want to be better in that area. heck, you make me want to be better in EVERY area! i swear there's not a mean bone in your body. your Christlike attributes shine through from the inside out and touch everyone you know. your beauty isn't just on the surface, it goes deep into your soul and radiates for all to see and feel. i'm so lucky to be linked to you forever as part of your eternal family. love you girl!

Anna Linnea said...

Happy birthday Robin! Sorry I am late! Hope you had a great day!

Tyler Mons said...

The picture of "Farmer Jo-lene" as you guessed it has a funny story. The kids lemonade stand was not going very well. So Robyn disguised herself and visited the stand numerous times. This was one of many ways she disguised herself.

Jules said...

Where can I even begin? Ruby, besides being one of my dearest friends, you are hysterically funny and I only have to think of the guitar pic from H2 and I just about lose it. Most of all though, you are first and foremost a mother, in the best sense of the word. You are amazing my friend!

Jmons said...

Gosh I wish I would have seen this post on your actual birthday, just haven't been on line.

Wow, where to begin on what I LOVE about Robyn... first she is the best listener I know, I think that's one of the reasons we are so close she listens to me talk and talk and talk! Plus, she and I can laugh all night long. I tell her all the time she is going straight to heaven for all the service and love that she shows to others. Look up service in the dictionary and there's a picture of Robyn. Maybe not the pic of you in the high boots above, but one of your muscley ripped pictures of you. That is one more thing I love is just the fact that being healthy and fit is a priority for you and your family. I am thankful that it has rubbed off on me, even if its just a little bit at a time.

Happy Birthday girl... I can't wait until we come to visit this summer. Then in 5 years we both move to Mesa, build houses next door, have a pool that encompasses both yards and maybe just maybe share a family dog,....nay scratch the dog idea, how about we share a maid.
Love you, Jessica

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Robyn! Hope it was a beautiful day!

Megane said...

I know I am way late in this, but one of my favorite memories of Robyn was when she invited me over for lunch when I was close to having Sarah. I thought nothing of it since she is always inviting people over and befriending them or spending time with friends so when I arrived I was SURPRISED to see that she had put together a little baby shower lunch and invited some of my other friends. No one has ever done anything like that for me before and I felt very loved as a friend. Thanks Robyn for being such a wonderful friend!and I hope your birthday was excellent!!!

The Robinson Bunch said...

awww I wish I was paying attention to blogs and posted this on her birthday!...I maybe way late, but I still want my bestie to know what I love about her...Robyn you are such a special person, truly one of kind. you are sooooooo kind, soooo loving, soooo thoughtful, sooo special, and what I love most of all is how I can feel the spirit so strong when i'm around you....you are a wonderful person and I love you so very much. you are like a sister to me! thank you for always listening to my rants, my raves and my non-sense stories :-) you have been there for me more times than I can count....my favorite memory of you there are so many by the way, that it was hard to narrow down just one, so instead I will give two....ok 1st one: it was when I was pregnant and about a week away to giving birth to Caitlyn and I just needed a break from the boys, so Robyn thought it would be fun for me to come over and play Rockband, it was a little late, but we totally rocked like we were an 80's coverband LOL, it was just her and I and we killed it!!! the point of this memory is that we can really be doing nothing at all and yet we can find the smallest things a crack up, it was fun to see robyn rockout on the guitar, she is so good at it haha!....memory #2 is a little more sentimental to me, so get ready for the mushy stuff :-)....I had just had Chase and Chase was hospitalized with RSV, he was very sick and I had to stay in the hospital with him, I was so overwhelmed with the emotional rollercoaster I had been put through with my mom, who had come for Chases birth and I was so overwhelmed that my baby was 6 days old and so sick...Robyn got light of all of this and came to the hospital to comfort me and to bring me a TON of meals. I'll never forget when she came into the room, I was crying so hard and she just comforted me and told me, that she was praying for my sweet family and how much she loved myself and my family, now I must mention that she came when it was a serious snow storm and was just getting over one of the worst sickness of her life, she had to come into the hospital room fully gowned with a mask, scrubs, gloves the whole enchilada and she did without a second thought, she did all of that, she was going to organize childcare for Coby since she knew nate was busy with school and couldnt miss anymore days, she just took care of everything on top of taking care of her own family. I just remember sitting there with her and feeling peace and after she left, I just wanted to scream "come back!" because she just makes me feel calm and happy when i'm around her, she just boosts up my mood, my self-esteem, she is truly a gem. I love you Robyn you are such a special person and there are countless stories and memories I have with you and I hope to make many more in the future, thank you so much for being my sister and my friend. Love, Tiff.

The Robinson Bunch said...

P.S. please explain the last picture??? haha that is CLASSIC!!!