Thursday, August 26, 2010

FOUR


Our little brute, Harrison turned 4 on August 5th. His birthday fell on a Thursday while his dad was still gone on a high adventure trip in Wyoming. Erik and Karen were arriving the next day, so we held off the big celebration for Saturday night.



Harrison was beside himself the entire day. He referred to himself as "the buth-day boy" all day.


I shared a special moment with him during our dinner prayer. The person saying the prayer was thanking the Lord for Harrison and expressing their love for him. At that moment I took a peek at him, and with his little arms folded he looked at me and gave me the most perfect, genuine wink. This picture is a reenactment, but the real deal is forever stored in my "melt-mom's-heart" file. I have many of those moments with this little guy.





Harrison was beside himself when he received a special delivery sent from his thoughtful dad. A Cars balloon bouquet. He received another special gift that someday will mean a lot to him. On his very birthday, Tyler climbed to the highest peak of the mountain. At that peak was a time capsule where people left their info. and little notes to record. With his little buddy in mind, Tyler wrote Harrison a little birthday note. He has all intentions of taking our family to that very place in the future. How special it will be for Harrison to read that!

Harrison in his true form: Always wrestling an innocent bystander to the ground!


After this party, I decided I needed to write a book. It would be entitled "Five Minute Parties for Kids Who Don't Know Any Better."


Even though I knew Tyler was coming home, I still wasn't exactly sure what time. I didn't send out invites to any of his little friends because, well, I didn't have an actual party planned.


When I got the news that Tyler was in town, I sprang into action. I baked a cake, topped it with toys, grabbed the balloon bouquet for the perfect centerpiece, gave two neighbor kids that are like family a 3 minute notice that they've been invited to a birthday party, and blew up the waterslide. Bada Bing, Bada Boom and SNAP! We had ourselves a par-tay!
And he thought it was the bomb!




And how special was it that he happened to have Uncle, Aunt and cousin visiting from Texas? As far as he was concerned, they drove up just for him!






Even with a record breaking short notice invite, our friends managed to put a little gift together for him. Their mothers are obviously good planners. I should read their books.





Reunited once again with his whole family. What a memorable birthday for this jolly good fellow!
Harrison, we love you... and you know it, don't ya!?!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he doesn't no it. I do! Happy Birthday Harrison your Aunt Kari and all the kids here in Utah love you and miss you

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Happy Birthday Harrison! August is the BEST month to be born, don't you think? (and he looks SO MUCH like Mariah in that first picture!!!!).

Liz said...

Great post! I would buy your book.

joana said...

wow what a great party! and what an awesome slide! happy 4 big guy:)

Elle said...

Happy bday Harrison! (umm..a little late.)
so fun!!