Two days after I landed back in Colorado from my Austin Getaway, the kids and I packed it up for California!!
The last time my kids flew they were too young to remember, so you can imagine the thrill of getting on an airplane. It was wonderful to fly with kids old enough to behave and have their own seats. The last time I flew with Harrison he was a complete hellion and screamed and scratched me the ENTIRE flight. He was a buck wild devil child. I still have a battle scar to show for it. At one point the flight attendant whispered in my ear, trying to reassure me that it was okay and that his ears must be hurting, to which I tearfully replied, "NO! He's like this EVERY DAY!!" I wish I could say I had a moment of being over dramatic. But I wasn't. As soon as we departed the plane, I practically threw him at my mom and told him that I didn't want to see him for the rest of the day. And I really don't think I did. I'm still not sure I'm over that one, Mr. Harrison.
But I digress.
We went to California for 2 main reasons. Visit Vovo' and Vovo and go to my beautiful cousin, Bre's wedding.
Bre and her Handsome man, Christian. What a striking pair!
I have 6 cousins on the Sanders side of the family. Even though we didn't live in the same state for most of our lives, I feel a such a closeness and love for them. One of the rare times we did live in the same state, Bre was just a baby, and I was old enough to babysit her and her older brother, Austin. I have such fun memories of hanging out with their family and taking care of those cute kids. Even though I'm old enough to be her babysitter, I have a special place in my heart for my girl cousins. There are only 3 of us, and maybe it's because none of us have sisters that we have a special bond. Or maybe it's just because they are amazing.
It was a beautiful day and the sealing ceremony in the Newport Beach Temple was touching. It's been a while since I've been to a temple wedding, and it was a wonderful reminder of the sealing power between husband and wife. The only thing missing that day was my own sweetheart at my side.
Dad with his brother, Tod and his wife, Kathleen
My youngest cousin, Connor, with Brooklyn, Austin's little girl
This is one of my favorite pictures. My kids were so excited about this wedding and being with all of our extended family. Logan in particular loved talking about all of my cousins and who they belong with and how he is related to them. They are at such an impressionable age, and I could tell by the way my kids interacted with all of my cousins that they looked up to them so much. They rushed up to Bre as soon as she came out to hug her. It means a lot to a mom to have such great people influence your children's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment