Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Reptile-Free Trip to the Beach

I know some of you will understand that title.  Hopefully it brought a little smile to your pretty faces. If you don't understand this title, add "must hear reptile story" on your bucket list and purchase a flight to come see me. It will make you feel so much better about yourself.

 I, on the otherhand, felt a bit useless being at the beach and having noone to save. I like being the hero.

But alas, I still managed to enjoy a few low-drama trips to the beach. It was my pleasure to introduce Newport Beach to my kids.  This first experience at the ocean would have been perfect had their dad been there to enjoy it with us.

The beach is my Disneyland.  I have California beach blood in my veins and I felt right at home.  I was thrilled and a bit surprised at how quickly Logan took to boogie boarding.  The timing is very important. We spent hours on our boards and everytime I caught a wave I cheered for myself the whole way in.

The beach is my fountain of youth.  Just don't drink the water.  Mariah can testify of its nastiness. Poor girl got a huge gulp and decided that boogie boarding would be fun another time.









6 comments:

suely said...

Great pictures! Wow, you even got to see the big white whale! (me!!)Good gracious! Where did my youthful figure go? Good thing I covered my face with that beautiful hat!
No, seriously, it was so great to be with you guys! Come back soon!!!!!
Love you, Mom

Liz said...

Oh, Ruby! My mom, my sister and I all just had a great belly laugh on your behalf as I told them all about the reptile story. Thank you for that, my friend.

Chrissy Jo said...

What fun pictures! The beach is my natural home too. I brings me back to my center, like a fountain of youth. So why on earth do I live soooo far away from any beach? Hmmmm.

Elle said...

Ruby,
My son loves the reptile story so much he told it at Mat's family's cabin night! We were all around the fire and he's begging me over and over "can I tell it PLEASE?" so I let him. The reaction was awesome.
We are the coolest person ever. the end.

Elle said...

YOU are the coolest person ever. haha. jeez.

The Jones Fam said...

Just the title of this post made me laugh out loud. I feel honored to have heard the reptile story in first person! It's tempting to make a trip to Texas just to hear it from you again. Hope you guys are doing well!

Jake