Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

I took the older kids out yesterday for 2 reasons. #1- give Tyler some quiet time to rest while Harrison napped, #2- It was 74 degrees yesterday!! Beautiful day to go to the pumpkin patch. So I took Logan and Mariah and we had a great time. I know Harrison would probably have liked it too, but it was nice to have a break for my back, and more especially to spend some quality time with the older kids.




I thought that if you've seen one bounce toy you've seen them all. Well, not so. I was very amused by this giant caterpillar. I was watching the kids as they went inside it, and couldn't see where on earth they came out. There were no other openings. I figured the kids would go to the end and have to turn around and come back out the same way. Very inefficient, I thought. Then I learned, even caterpillars have to poop!....

Mariah-poo

Logan-poo. Isn't that hilarious? The girl had to literally open the cheeks for the kids to squeeze out. I was amused!The kids were so cute with their precious pumpkin. I could only afford 1, and they handled it well. They both took turns pulling it on the wagon, and they even bathed it together.


This is what I saw when I got in the car. Safety rules!

Looks like Tyler and Harrison had some good quality time together as well. Harrison actually loves to watch football with dad. Everytime players get tackled, he grunts and says, "ooh".

7 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Because of all our lovely rain, we have yet to make it to a pumpkin patch. We have had it planned a few times but no luck. We are shooting for this week, because Halloween is just around the corner. Love the caterpillar, did your kids get a bath when they got home?heehee

Cara said...

wow, 74 degrees sounds nice! We had snow on the ground this weekend. I'm not ready for the cold! That is the funniest bounce-thing I've ever seen.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Okay that caterpillar was hilarious!! Logan poo and Mariah poo? I couldn't stop laughing. And I loved the seatbelted, bathed pumpkin. What a fun day!! Glad to see Tyler's slowly feeling better....!!

Elle said...

You are hilarious! I missed you while reading this. I can hear you saying it.
The bounce house is a hoot!
We have yet to make it to the pumpkin patch. I am detirmined to do it this week. Maybe.
Cara's blog reminded me I also need to do flu shots. After Maia's 1 year shots. What was I talking about? Anyway, I loved that the kids seatbelted the pumpkin in! So cute!!
Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Mariah and Logan found just the right pumpkin!!
You guys look so cute and I bet you had fun playing inside the caterpillar.
To those who read Robyn's explanation on how they got out of the caterpillar, I want you to know that I have taught her NOT to say "poop".
How easily do they forget...

kdance said...

I love the poo--Mariah and Logan poo, that is. How histarical! You are hilarious.
Karin :)