Wednesday, May 07, 2008

OH-NO-HE-DID-N'T!

Oh, yes he did! Before leaving for school, Logan asked me to find him his scissors. They had gone missing, and in our hurry to get out the door I promised to find them while he was at school. When he came home, he asked for his scissors. I said, "Oh, I haven't had a chance to look for them yet." He said, "Gees, I asked you for those this morning and you still haven't found them. Besides what do you do all day anyways?" His wife will thank me later for the nice little talk we had. :)

A couple more for you to enjoy:

**In first grade they have something called "Rocket Math". It's a worksheet that starts with easy math problems and gets harder and harder. They get to move up levels when they are able to complete all of the problems correctly in the time given. Well, Logan brought home a sheet the other day and was proud to announce that he is now on level E. I praised him and then at one point asked, what level is the rest of the class on.

He said, "M-om, it's not something people like to discuss. It's kinda like asking adults how old they are, you just don't do that!"


**Some neighbor kids were over after school and we were just having snacks and chit chatting. One of the girls (who is 12) started talking about a birthday present she was getting for her mom. Being playful, I pretended to pout and said, "No one ever gets me any presents", and started to bat my eyelashes like I was going to cry.

I guess Logan didn't catch on to my humor and got quiet upset by my pouting and said, "Gees mom, can't you be a little flexible, we're just little kids and we don't have our own money."


Okay, I know it seems I only talk about the things Logan says, but really, he's the only one saying funny things right now. Mariah asks funny questions and says silly things here and there. What I get a kick out of with her is just her "way". She does more funny things. She is such a joy to watch. I love her carefree spirit and her innocence about the world around her. Everything is exciting and magical. I guess one little example of her dream world is the other day she asked me: "When I'm a mommy, will I live in this house?" I said, "No, you will live in your own house, but you'll live really close so you can come visit me whenever you want!" Her eyes widened, she clasped her hands, twirled and said, "and I'll come visit you everyday on my white horse."

Enjoy some random pics:




From out exciting field trip to the Fire Station. She was captivated.





I wanted to take a couple of pics before church the other day. I wasn't shooting for it, but didn't they kinda turn out GQ-ish?






17 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pictures. I read Logan's comments to Jacob and we both got a good laugh. He is such a funny kid.

Laura Bernard said...

Fun, fun! Love Mariah picking her nose. Classic!

Holly said...

You could (and should!) very easily write a book with nothing but funny things that Logan says and does and it would be a best seller! He's a crack up!

suely said...

How funny!! My little Logan is not so little anymore. But he is still fun, intelligent and my precious boy.
Mariah is so cute and we should all try to be more like her. Have our own little world where things happen the way we dream they will. She is my joy.
And that picture of Harrison... he looks like a little man. He is going to bea crack up to, just watch. I adore
Thanks for the comments and pictures. I love it.
love you all,
Mom

suely said...

Oops, I forgot an important word about Harrison.
I adore him!!!

Ashley said...

I just hope my kids have an ounce of personality like yours do! And i love how different they all are. L & M totally look GQ in that picture! And I just need to come over and squeeze Harrison after seeing that little stud pic of his...oh he's soo adorable!! I get a kick out of reading these stories!! Thanks for sharing!

Melisa said...

They say the funniest things! Cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

I love when you put things that Logan says. I'm not one to realy laugh out loud when something funny is said. But he says The FUNNIEST things I can't help it.

Anonymous said...

Man I don't even know what I would do if my son said that. I think I would go the whole day having him experience what I have to do. I would make him fold all the laundry, cook, clean, moew the lawn, feed the other kids and I would act like a kid. Mommy...I want water! Mommy...Mommy...Mommy I want this I want that.

Ewe that's sounds fun:)

Did Mariah find anything fun or tasty?
Yuck...I don't think I'm ready to be a mom. More power to ya!

Cara said...

I love your Logan stories - you and Michelle should write a book of funny stories! Your kids look adorable in their Sunday clothes. Love it!

Elle said...

Talk about a laugh out loud moment!!! Mariah picking her nose on that picture and your caption had me rolling.
And Logan's comments...on man! I'm just laughing again.
~M

Meridith said...

Logan is wise beyond his years. He is so stinking cute. I love to hear the conversations you have with him. It makes me excited to have those kind of silly, fun conversations with my kids someday.

Johnny and Paula's World said...

Holy cow, Robyn! That was hilarious! What do you do all day? Coa used to wonder the same thing about me. We have an understanding now. :)
That picture of Mariah at the fire station is great! That child is a hoot. We still laugh about her comment to Logan on the way back from the old folks home last Christmas.
And look at Harrison! How in the world did he get that big?! The kids looked super sharp in their Sunday best. Mariah's outfit is dang cute. I'd wear it myself if it came in my size!
It's gonna be so fun to see y'all!! I hope Savannah and Harrison leave the house standing. There's no telling what might happen when we put those two together now! :0 Good times fer sure.

Unknown said...

Glad you found my blog- now I get to explore all your adventures, too! I think about y'all every time I walk past your brother's house. You guys were one of the very first introductions we had to our ward and even though at the time we were inactive it left a lasting impression. Cheyenne will be baptised this summer and we have been going to church as a family for several months now- so thank you for the warm welcome!

Matt and Erin said...

I love that you share some of the funny things Logan says. Matt and I always get a good laugh out of your posts about him. Yes, your kids do look very GQ in the pics!

Heather said...

I think Logan is hilarious. I hope Kimberli says funny things like that when she learns to talk. Too Fun! Your kids look really good in the GQ picture.

Eliza said...

Ha! "can't you be a little flexible" is the best. I love it!