Thursday, October 16, 2008

isms - Not Just Logan this Time

Logan:



Logan had a couple of neighborhood friends over for movie and popcorn. At one point in the movie some funky, catchy music started to play. I happened to be walking by, so I stopped in the room and started dancing. It didn't take long for his friends to start looking at each other and giggling (like who the heck is this lady?). Without taking his eyes off the tv, and completely unamused Logan said, "Please ignore her. She's just trying to get attention."


Mariah:


1. Sundays are a special worship and family day for us. Our kids know it is a different day than the others because they don't play with friends.

One warm Sunday afternoon Mariah went out front to get some fresh air. She saw a neighbor girl going for a walk and chatted with her for a few minutes. Soon after, she came running inside and with a worried look on her face said, "mom, I was just outside talking to Sara on Sunday. Is that un-assepable?"

2. One day a few friends and I were adventurous and decided to have lunch at an Indian Restaurant. The owners had a little daughter who must come to work with them everyday. You can imagine how happy she was to see us with little girls her age. When I took Mariah to the bathroom, Jasmine jumped at the chance and followed us in.

Mariah asked her, How old are you?
Jasmine answers: Jasmine!.
Mariah: No, how old are you?
Jasmine (louder): Jasmine!

They had this same conversation about 3 more times. Finally, Mariah started to lose her patience. With a bit of irritation in her voice she said, "Uh, just give me a number!"

Harrison:

I never thought I'd say this, but lately, it's been fun going to Wal-mart. With Halloween upon us, they have this aisle that is all covered like a tunnel with all sorts of halloween decor - some cute, some really scary. Everytime we go (seems like everyday), we have to go down this aisle. Harrison loves it. We go in and we say, "ohh, spoooooky". And I have a blast because I put masks on and jiggle skeletons and spiders in front of him and he loves it (for the most part.)

So what do you think he said when I put this cute little shirt on him?

7 comments:

Haylee Mollerup said...

Very cute!! It's so great that you're writing these little things down to remember! I need to do that more!
I can totally see you breaking into dance with all Logan's friends! That's hilarious!

Elle said...

oh I love the Halloween isles too!
And why does it feel like I'm at Walmart everyday too? ugh.
So cute of Harrison
~M

kdance said...

Hey, girl! It was so fun to get your comment the other day. It was good to do some catch-up on your blog. Man, you've got some cute kiddos! I love all the "isms"--so smart to jot them down. Mariah sure is a gorgeous girl (not surprising, considering her mommy!).

Oh, and to answer your question:
The canning book I have is called "The Complete Book of Home Canning." There's a little picture of it on that blog post, too. Happy canning, girl!

kdance said...

Nope, I lied...it's "The Complete Book of Home Preserving."

ReadingFamily said...

Hi Ty,

Stacy and I saw that you left a message so we came on over and took a peek. You've got an adorable family!!! This will be a great way to keep in touch. Hopefully our paths will cross one of these days.

Jmons said...

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see that dance. I would have laughed too. Why can't we get a video of that?
Todd M.

Megane said...

That is too cute!!!! What adorable kids!